We would like to sum up some findings of the survey on the use of electricity in Slovenia (2010):
- In Slovenian households, we are already using more energy saving lamps than ‘ordinary light bulbs’
- One fifth of Slovenes usually do not switch off the lights when leaving the room.
- Approximately one quarter of households do not use their home appliances efficiently. A small percentage of electric stoves are energy efficient, whereas almost two thirds of refrigerators are energy efficient.
- Two thirds of households have at least one computer which is in use approximately 5 hours a day. Three quarters are equipped with LCD screens.
- An average Slovenian household has at least one TV sets which is switched on in average almost 4 hours a day.
- Thirteen percent of households do not switch off the computer or their TV set when they are not using them.
(Adopted after www.pozitivnaenergija.si)
Efficiency has a double effect; it namely reduces the costs for the payment of electricity and indirectly preserves the natural environment, since we can so avoid the construction of new production facilities and transmission capacities.