Elektro Ljubljana performs integrated measurements of electrical installations at business and residential premises.
Besides the mandatory initial inspection of new electrical installations within premises and/or special inspection upon reconstruction works, regular inspections of electrical installations are also obligatory in order to ensure their safety, reliability and quality. Regular inspections of business premises, which include tests and measurements, shall be carried out at regular intervals, which shall not be longer than 8 years. For residential buildings this period is 16 years.
Elektro Ljubljana performs professional examinations of installations, safety device operation tests as well as measurements of installations. Elektro Ljubljana services encompass the following:
- measuring of insulation resistance between conductors,
- measuring of insulation resistance towards the earthed PE (PEN) conductor,
- measuring the impedance of a failure or short-circuited mesh through the establishment of the regularity of the disconnection interval of protection devices,
- measuring the resistance of protection conductors between the distribution board and main equipotential bonding,
- testing operational regularity of differential current protection devices,
- establishing the lowest earth contact resistance of foreign conducting parts,
- assessing the regularity of protective earth performance,
- assessing the regularity of operational earthing,
- assessing the regularity of combined earthing,
- assessing the regularity of lightning conductor earthing,
- electricity surge protection at all connection points,
- test of over-current protection at all connection points in the installation,
- earth continuity protection at distribution board circuits,
- lightning conductors, and
- other general tests.
After the measurements have been performed, Elektro Ljubljana will draw up a status report as well as recommendations for renovation in the event that any irregularities have been established with regard to installations.